Schedule a Tour
CJDS is Central Ohio’s only K-6 Community Jewish Day School committed to the joyful combination of Jewish and General Studies under one roof, daily.
Sign up for a Kindergarten Bound visit. Bring your child to Columbus Jewish Day School for a Kindergarten Bound Visit where children will discover rotation stations exploring Math, Language Arts, Science, and social skills. Plus, students will have a hearing check by our professional Speech Pathologist, Lynn Voterro. While children are in their exploration stations, you will be invited to have coffee with current CJDS parents and learn more about our community with the Head of School, Rabbi Dr. Tali Zelkowicz.
Whether you’re interested in the school for your child, or just generally curious about what goes in to a CJDS education, we encourage you to come meet us and take a tour!
Here are just a few signature features of our facility and innovative curriculum:
- Take in our 7 acres of outdoor classroom space, complete with a Butterfly Memorial garden, 1-acre pond, and wildlife, designated by the state of Ohio as a “Wild School Site” and used for conservation education and teaching reflective practice (observation, meditation, analysis, self-awareness). These rich, hands-on, outdoor learning experiences create both a personal, and meaningful connection between nature and the individual.
- Check out our joint Music and Tefillah space where students K-6 learn, for example, both musical dynamics from pianissimo to fortissimo, and sing Jewish music and gather as a community to pray in song and read from the Torah.
- Ask about the 6th Grade capstone trip to the “State of Independence.” From the beginning of their graduating year, their 5 day school trip to Philadelphia (in May) prepares them with the academic, leadership, and life skills to transition smoothly to middle school.
- Explore our computer lab used to enhance math, typing, and Hebrew education alike.
- Look and listen for examples of our unwavering commitment to Tikkun Olam and service learning in our local Central Ohio community.
- Take a look at our gardening beds where our student-led organic gardening program, Yarok Together, grows and then delivers 2000 pounds of fresh, organic produce to elders and other individuals in our local community who are in need of both actual food as well as spiritual nourishment.
- You won’t want to miss our CJDS art studio, complete with kiln, where students encounter and taste art and design across many culture and time periods.
- Learn about our intensive two-teacher model and organic approach to integrating Jewish and General Studies as a living laboratory for 21st Century life and skills.
Contact our Director of Admissions, Jenny Glick, to set up a tour today! We are proud to offer engaging and interactive tours.
There is much more to share about what makes a CJDS education unlike any other in Central Ohio. CJDS offers the most robust combination of what our kids need in today’s complex world. Schedule a tour today for an unforgettable experience. We can’t wait to show you our school!